This is a guest article by Grant Polachek, head of branding for Squadhelp.com. His research uncovers a key detail you need to perfectly position your brand in 2022. For many business owners, it only takes one or two unsuccessful ventures before they realise that one of the major causes why they failed, was that they didn’t have the strategic foresight to anticipate both the long-term and short-term challenges that come with growing a business.
Every entrepreneur must set out time to understand what works in their niche and how to tackle their brand’s unique challenges before plunging into business.
And the key to knowing what works in your niche is to understand who your target customers are, the problems they’re facing, what they want, and how your brand can deliver the solutions they need appealingly.
We recently performed a survey that focused on understanding different customer demographics and how they responded to companies with modern tones and how they responded to those with historied tones.
Why Did We Conduct This Study?
We were curious to learn more about the kinds of businesses that different consumers enjoy and how this varies by age group. As a founder, you must know that aligning your company’s name and other branding elements with client needs will improve and increase the probability that your company will flourish.
But to achieve the purpose of our survey, we had to ask American customers whether they preferred doing business with firms that utilise historical, traditional brand tones or those with modern, current tones.
Why is This Question Vital?
Every entrepreneur should be aware of the fact that crafting a brand positioning strategy that’s unique to your business is one of the most important decisions you’ll make when starting your business or rebranding it.
Understanding your target market and your brand’s identity in-depth is an essential facet of brand development.
Entrepreneurs must invest time in coming up with catchy names for their companies and goods, and using a business name creator is one quick, reliable way to find great names that convey a captivating tone and would help improve your brand’s positioning and influence how the public views your brand.
We separated the data we gathered into several age groups so we can get a better understanding of our findings. And even while our survey’s findings weren’t particularly shocking, the responses we got were intriguing.
Here are the findings from our survey of 301 people.
- Our research showed us that older customers will choose brands with more historied and traditional tones, while customers under the age of 30 are more likely to be attracted to brands with new and modern tones.
- Both traditional and modern companies attracted customers between the ages of 35 and 45. Given the closeness of the findings, it is obvious that this target demographic is available to businesses that use histories and modern tones.
- According to the findings, customers between the ages of 45 and 54 support companies with traditional tones.
- Customers aged 55 to 65 are particularly aware of the distinctions between the two alternatives and overwhelmingly choose traditional businesses over newer ones.
- The survey discovered that men have no preference for either modern, trendy brands or classic, traditional ones.
- Women, on the other hand, favor reputable businesses over fresh and modern ones.
- 148 of the 301 respondents favored new, modern brands, while the remaining 153 selected traditional, classic ones.
The results of research show that you can position your business as a modern or classical one as long it aligns with your business’s target demographics.
Begin Positioning Your Company
It takes ample time and effort to develop a strong brand identity. Therefore, be sure to take the findings of this survey into account when creating your value proposition, brand identity, and marketing strategy. Doing this will help infuse every aspect of your company with a compelling tone to reflect the personality of its target audience.
Research uncovers a key detail you need to perfectly position your brand in 2022
Grant Polachek is the head of branding for Squadhelp.com, 3X Inc 5000 startup and disruptive naming agency. Squadhelp has reviewed more than 1 million names and curated a collection of the best available names on the web today. We are also the world’s leading crowdsource naming platform, supporting clients from early-stage startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Art by: ResKP
We help brands, business owners, investors, CEO’s, marketing director and product management teams improve their competitive advantage. And don’t forget the offer of a free no-obligation review of your Competitive Intelligence needs. Just pop your email in below and we will get in touch with you to see how we can impact your competitive advantage.