This post is called Consumer electronics Competitor Analysis case study showed how they were getting beaten by an aggressive competitor.
Working to a very tight deadline, they wanted an understanding of the key competitor’s organisational structure and culture. Also, gain an understanding of their sales strategy, sales teams and inshore promoters and staff. Appreciate their service proposition. All done a speed showing how much they were panicking. Or how much they were looking forward to an annual main board review.
We provided a view on their competitor’s organisation (Structure, Numbers, hierarchy, reporting lines, Field/Promoters staff, and culture) and:
- Their Strategy (Market, Product, Promotion, Retail, Channel, Training, Field)
- Their service proposition (Retailer support, customer support, post-purchase contact approach). KPIs (Key measures of success, value and volume).
- The terms and margin structure offered to their retail partners
- Understanding of their retail estate strategy (Branded display and in-run) and store staff advocacy (Training, Incentives, Benefits etc.)
- An understanding of key selling points
- The key points driving Premium sales and their digital presence
A pleased client who was amazed at how quickly we could turn around the project. Octopus Intelligence gave them a better understanding of why their competitor was taking business away from them and route to counter-attack. We become an approved supplier of intelligence to this major company which also offered significant insight into how they operated and the problems holding them back. Ultimately, the main reason why they had lost their number one in the market position was down to pizza. The stores who sold theirs and the competitors products were not being looked after. Their competitor was buying them pizza if they sold their product. Sometimes it’s the little things that make a difference.
What we did
- Competitor Analysis
- Primary research
- On-site collection
Consumer electronics Competitor Analysis case study showed how they were getting beaten
This post was called Consumer electronics Competitor Analysis case study showed how they were getting beaten by an aggressive competitor.