We suggest the 6 critical things UK Tech need to be competitive in the future. What UK Tech companies need to compete? Not just UK companies but every organisation in the world needs to face up to the future. Competitive Intelligence, Market Insights and Competitor Analysis are vital to enable UK tech companies to develop.
What is Competitive Intelligence?
Competitive Intelligence is the collection, collation and analysis of information to help you find out what’s happening, explain why it’s happening, outline how things could develop, and offer possible options available to make better decisions. Competitive Intelligence helps you avoid surprises, think more moves ahead, minimise uncertainty, differentiate and stay ahead of the competition. It’s an unspoken, hidden key to success.
The next 100 years will bring as much technological progress as the previous 20,000
Ray Kurzweil, the inventor and futurist, tells us that the next 100 years will bring as much technological progress as the previous 20,000. Tech companies are aware of this change and how rapidly it’s occurring. Things that were once the realm of comics and cinema are now either very real. They are about to change our lives, understanding of science and our industries. These once science fiction stories are about to become a reality:
- Flying cars
- 3D printing
- Laboratory-made meat
- Virtual Reality
And these are just the start
The past and our society in which our ancestors lived has not seen such rapid technological change. Linear change over generations. Now our computers double their power every 18 months. Even this speed is going to be transformed with Artificial Intelligence (AI) machine learning. The pace of innovation and development will increase further with these new technologies working together.
Don’t get left behind
With this speed in mind, Tech companies today mustn’t get left behind. It is our believe that Technology companies need:
- REAL insight on what others in their field are actually doing now and what impacts and opportunities exist.
- Market intelligence to ensure that what they assume is backed up with something more substantial than assumption and guesswork
- New market development that delivers risk and opportunity analysis, strategic advice and operational insight.
- A definite understanding of key players in competitor and client organisations
- Verification of market insights, investor appetites, trends and potential shifts in consumer demand, potential growth and possible partnerships.
- Delivery of critical oversight and advice that is outside of the established channels and ‘goldfish bowl of specialist sectors and focus areas.
6 critical things UK Tech need to be competitive in the future
Our article discussed the 6 critical things UK Tech need to be competitive in the future. And it’s not just UK companies or just tech. Every organisation in the world needs to face up to the future. And Competitive Intelligence, Market Insights and Competitor Analysis are vital to enable you to make the right decisions.